The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the budgets, contracts and deployment of assigned workforce to ensure proper monitoring, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting of all Building Automation Systems and related equipment thus ensuring the successful operation and maintenance of the building.
· Oversee (in conjunction with Operations Manager) the general budgets for snow removal, landscaping, fire alarm, electrical, and other general maintenance contracts (as required)
· Plan, coordinate, and perform maintenance and repair of all electrical and/or mechanical equipment and maintain up-to-date records of activities
· Monitor and operate the Building Automation System and ensure that problems are addressed to prevent system malfunctions and downtime
· Ensure that all calls for service of mechanical and electrical equipment is made or the direct reports have been informed that there is a need to call and follow-up to ensure the work has been completed in a timely fashion
· Monitor, inspect, and troubleshoot issues relating to the Fire Protection System
· Address all electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning problems that arise
· Repair, replace, or make recommendations for servicing of plumbing-related parts and piping
· Prepare work schedules, approve vacations and PTO days as well as cover these shifts when staff are away
· Code invoices from suppliers and submit to administration for processing
· Direct and oversee the recording and maintenance of all chemical tests and add the required chemicals to the HVAC systems, including boilers and chillers
· Maintain all electrical and mechanical rooms so that they are clean and organized at all times, including the painting of piping, pumps and floors
· Address tenant requests and complaints promptly and professionally
· Assist the management team with all aspects of building operations such as budgeting for capital expenditures, purchasing of materials, controlling inventory of stocked items, and making recommendations on possible changes to enhance the efficiency of building operations
· Direct and oversee contracted work (in conjunction with Operations Manager)
· Follow-up and report contractor performance and possible deficiencies to the Operations Manager within acceptable time limits
· Develop and coach direct reports
· Ensure necessary training (including safety) is delivered to direct reports and/or is addressed with Operations Manager
· Ensure necessary safety precautions and policies are followed in line with applicable laws and company policies
· Assists with the development of safe work procedures
· Other duties as assigned
· Minimum 3 years experience in operations management with at least 1 year supervisory/management experience preferably in a shopping centre or mixed use environment.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Experience and understanding of Automated Building Systems.
· Courses in Building Environmental Systems (or similar program) an asset
· WHMIS certification an asset
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence to Todd Beck at (click to respond)
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Park Place Shopping Centre
Get Your Degree While You Work
Listing originally posted at http://regionalhelpwanted.com/Search/detail.cfm?SN=163&ID=67814708