This position is considered On-call/Casual with the possibility of leading to full-time employment. All applicants must be available for a full week long, daytime training session. A career at Paladin Security offers top industry wages, full and comprehensive industry leading training in the fundamentals of healthcare security, First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, a recognition and rewards program, excellent promotional opportunities, supplied uniforms, flexible hours and a comprehensive benefit package. The Constant Watch Attendant/Healthcare Security Officer is responsible for watching over a patient's condition in the absence of a medical practitioner such as a Nurse.
Essential Job Functions
• Monitors patient's health conditions and overall safety
• Reports any changes to Security and/or Nursing staff
• Based on specific site posting, log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, physicians, patients or visitors
• Patrol interior and exterior of facility preventing unauthorized entry; in a composed manner direct individuals initiating disruption to leave the premises
• While on patrol, monitor risks such as unlocked doors, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical issues, hazardous material and additional breaches of security
• 2 way radio use and professionalism
• Respond to alarms and emergency calls for assistance
• Monitoring situations, cameras, property and events
• Communicate in a truthful and receptive manner under all circumstances as well as provide information regarding the facility as requested by personnel
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and visitors through courteous and respectful relations perceived from their viewpoint
• Monitor and screen visitors and clients in a professional manner in order to grant access to the facility
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Possess skills to deal with challenges and communicate effectively at various social levels
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, must be available to work evenings, nights, weekends and day shifts
• Basic Security Training is considered an asset however will be one of the many courses provided to successful applicants
• Physically able to walk 18 - 20 km/day
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
• Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure, in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
• Valid class 5 drivers license is considered an asset but is not required
• Ability to handle private and information with a high amount of discretion
• Must be bondable and able to provide 3 professional non-family references upon hire
• Knowledge of or ability to learn security procedures and non-defensive communication in aggressive situations
• Must possess a High School Diploma
• Must be 18 years of age
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources at SouthernAlbertaHR@paladinsecurity.com, only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview. When applying for this position, please clearly indicate this is your desired position within your email subject.
Compensation: To be negotiated
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.