Are you looking for a better than great place to work? Are you tired of doing the same thing over and over and are thinking of making a change? If so, our Calgary Branch is looking for an experienced Diesel Engine Mechanic with a strong electrical background. If you are interested in a challenge, believe that variety is the spice of life and are ready to hit the ground running this may be the perfect job for you.
Frontier Power Products Ltd. is a leading supplier of diesel engines, generator sets, industrial power units, pump units and portable lighting towers. We represent John Deere Power Systems, Funk Power Transmission, Kubota, Kohler, Mitsubishi ("Large Bore") and Deutz natural gas fueled engines.
We operate from our head office in Delta BC and branch offices in Edmonton and Calgary Alberta, and Winnipeg Manitoba. Our expertise in the custom manufacture of specialty equipment has brought our products to many parts of the world including the USA, Mexico, Central and South Americas, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and even the Antarctic!
- Work on Industrial, gaseous and diesel engines using mechanical and electronic controls
(in-house & on-site)
- PM tech
- Oil/filter changes
- Work on pump and generator packages to include commissioning and preventative
maintenance programs (in-house & on-site)
- Trouble shoot & repair (on-site)
- Maintain equipment (on-site)
- Travel both locally & out of town
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while following safety
procedures and policies
- Stay current with technology
- Analyze problem & solve or seek advice
- Ensure quality of manufactured product
- Continuing education required -- stay current with technology
- Accurate record keeping, estimating, updating service records and log books
- Interact directly with customers
- Journey person Mechanic with strong electrical background, 4th year apprentice may be considered
- Previous power generation experience in controls (AC/DC), PLC's, Switchgear paralleling
equipment, and remote networks is an asset.
- Above average troubleshooting and problem solving skills with engines, generators and/or control
- Ability to be on call and travel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Customer service oriented
- Applicant must have own tools
If this sounds like a great fit, please e-mail your resume to Kathie Murphy including "Diesel Engine Mechanic -- Alberta" in the subject line.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants. However, we will only contact those who are considered as candidates for the position.
Please visit http://www.frontierpower.com/jobs for all our current job openings.