Maitenance Supervisor- Truck Shop
We deliver innovative transportation and logistics solutions that are vital to the success of the companies and people we serve. We've built our business on three core values: commitment to our customers, dedication to excellence and innovative thinking. As a global transportation services provider leader, Penske operates more than 200,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions.
Penske Maintenance (shop) Supervisor may manage a single shop or multi-shop operations. Primary responsibilities include managing the fleet and customer issues, monitoring/controlling the maintenance costs, and supervising the mechanic workforce.
Penske offers you * Competitive pay and benefits *Latest equipment and technology *Tuition reimbursement *Clean and great environment *Opportunity to grow with the company. So, if you are dynamic, motivated and want to be part of our big family we want to speak with you!!
-Direct all maintenance activity with current and prospective customers
-Manage a fleet of vehicles
-Manage the lead technicians and conduct daily shift meetings with technicians
-Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel
-Monitor associates' work levels and review work performance
-Provide developmental direction to associate
-Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
-Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
-Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
-Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
-Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
-Counsel associates about work-related issues and assist associates to correct job-skill deficiencies.
-Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
-Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
-Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role required
- 3+ years fleet maintenance management experience preferred
-4+ years experience with diesel maintenance and preventative maintenance required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
- Diesel Truck Mechanic license preferred
- Strong customer service, leadership and organizational skills required
- Current driver's license class D or class 3 with air brake certification required or ability to obtain it within 3 months of being hired
-Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required