Looking for your next professional challenge? How about an opportunity with a company that places their highest priority on taking care of the environment and making sure that everyone goes home safe and healthy every day! Our client, a cutting-edge resource based company is looking to hire a Leader, Operations Excellence. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and innovative professional with a knack for creating sustainable business practices.
Our client is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. With three core principles of Safety, Environment and Community, they aim to build and maintain connections to the world around them.
Reporting to the Superintendent, Operations Excellence, the Leader, Operations Excellence is responsible for leadership and department support of the Operating Excellence team and to ensure timely delivery of priorities in support of the development and implementation of sustainable business improvement processes throughout the site. This individual will support the mine site's continuous improvement efforts by actively participating as a part of the Operating Excellence team and by managing their team to effectively and efficiently complete assigned tasks in pursuit of the site's improvement goals.
Located Southeast region of beautiful British Columbia, surrounded by mountains, Sparwood offers outdoor enthusiast a backyard of endless adventures and activities. Find yourself swimming, hiking and fishing in the summer, then spend your winter skiing/snowboarding the local hills or snowmobiling. Known as the town with "the big green truck", Sparwood is home to a community of hard-working, fun-loving people. Check out their town website: http://www.sparwood.ca/
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary and Benefits: $125,000 -- 130,000 Depending on experience. Extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, profit sharing, gain sharing and RSSP matching. Flexible relocation packages are also available.
Positions Available: 1
Schedule: Monday - Friday
• Post-secondary degree in Finance or Engineering: Mining, Mechanical or Processing
• Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively senior level experience combined with 2 years' experience in continuous improvement or an operating excellence environment
• Registered, or eligible to register, with a Professional designation such as: P.Eng, MBA, CFA, CA, CMA or CGA
• Strong leader with the ability to engage, direct and lead a high performance team
• Motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines under minimal supervision
• Experience developing and tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite®: Word, Excel,
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
• Determine, with input from Operating Excellence Team Leads, which improvement opportunities are best suited to team and department resources
• Review and modify team work plans, targets and priority deliverables
• Prioritize efforts of self and team to complete tasks of highest value
• Check daily with teams to identify any urgent issues requiring assistance and/or resolution
• Proactively identify with Team Leads any work plan items that require assistance to progress such as problem solving, mediation, or clear direction
• Provide regular reporting to the Superintendent Operating Excellence & Controller and other site management as appropriate
• Define, update and build continuous improvement tools on behalf of the mine site to allow both the Operating Excellence team and the site to be focused on high value areas as defined by data-driven decision making
• Ensure that all team members are clear about the requirements of their role, and understand the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) against which they will be measured
Location: Sparwood, BC
Compensation: $125,000 -- 130,000 Depending on experience. Extensive benefits package includi
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.